Information FOR TUTORS
Example Tutor Profiles.
Customised Lessons by Experienced Specialist Tutors
- I am 47 years of age and teaching on a part-time basis at the moment. I have a large range of teaching experience from very young to adult. I enjoy teaching and am considered to have a caring approach and I try to make sure that learning takes place in a relaxed but studious situation.
- I am a recent graduate from Manchester University with a degree in Chemistry and am also able to teach maths and physics to ‘A’ level. I have been told that my approach to teaching makes it enjoyable for my students. I am happy to travel up to 15 miles from my home and am currently available evenings and weekends.
- I am 47 years old and have more than 20 years of teaching experience. My current position is as a special needs co-ordinator for the age range 7-13. I have a wide experience of working with pupils of many different ages, in small groups or on an individual basis, who have learning difficulties. I am able to work at home or in the pupil’s home and can travel up to about 8 miles.
- I am a recently retired Head Teacher of a Primary School and have more than 35 years experience of teaching pupils of all ages. I have given private tuition to a number of pupils with excellent results. I always have the highest expectations of pupils and always have had, even when it was fashionable for learning to be more “child centred”; this is an approach I have found to pay rich dividends in terms of a pupil’s academic and personal development.
- I am 29 years of age and have a first degree and Ph.D. in Biochemistry. I am able to tutor biology and chemistry to ‘A’ level and beyond and mathematics to ‘A’ level. I have given tuition to individuals and small groups of students at undergraduate level and offer friendly, relaxed lessons individually, or in groups of up to three people, tailored exactly to what the pupil requires.
- I am 37 years old and as a current Deputy Headteacher am able to offer individual or small group tuition in maths, English and reading. I also specialise in preparing pupils for Independent and Selective Schools. I can offer general education advice and find that my pupils normally make speedy progress towards their goals, whatever they may be. I am an Assistant Examiner for AQA, marking English Literature papers.
- I have a combined Maths and Physics Degree from the University of Manchester. I have almost 4 years of experience of one-to-one tuition. I have a very good success rate with all of my pupils. I am happy to travel up to 10 miles.
- I have been a teacher and tutor of Mathematics for almost 12 years and have worked in Grammar School, Comprehensives and Further Education Colleges. I always discuss the needs of my new pupils very carefully and aim to build their confidence in the subject. I find that practice in exam techniques invariably helps to rapidly improve grades.
- I have 5 years experience with Special Needs children. I am very patient and enjoy helping others to learn. My pupils have fun while they study and are always proud of their progress. I try to encourage a genuine interest in any subject studied.
- I have a Degree in English from the University of Reading and have tutored the subject up to ‘A’ level for the past 8 years as well as eleven plus and Common Entrance Maths and English. I am a friendly and supportive person who gets excellent results by making lessons fun as well as informative.
- I have many years experience of highly successful teaching from Key Stage 3 to Oxbridge entrance level. As an Examiner with a well-known Board, I am able to help my students to maximise their potential using targeted revision and exam techniques. I am considered to be patient and adaptable and many of my students come to me by recommendation.
- If you are interested in a tutor with excellent experience of teaching Maths and Science to GCSE level in State Schools and a caring, supportive approach, then please contact me. My aim is always to raise the achievements of my pupils beyond their own expectations with challenging and rewarding lessons.